presented to parents, teachers, students, and others. During our presentations, we showed people our poster, website, examples of allergen friendly menus, the AllergyEats website, and one of the emails we sent to a restaurant. After we spoke with someone about our project, we gave them a business card which we hoped they would give to a restaurant that the person thought was not allergy friendly. Then that restaurant could visit our website and maybe think about changing their ways. We hope in this way, that we are able to affect even more restaurants than we already have. In the end, the owners of Ruby’s Diner, Tender Greens, and Boulevard Burgers have all agreed to try to implement some of the changes we suggested for them. Ruby’s Diner even plans on attending an allergy friendly convention. By affecting these restaurants, we feel that we have helped solve our problem by creating more trustworthy restaurants for people with allergies to feel safe at.
Our group did a good job at the forum. Many people complimented our website, said they loved our ideas and our project, and thought that we did a really good job overall. We were very happy to hear feedback like this because during the project, we encountered many obstacles that we were forced to overcome, but in the end, we prevailed.
If we had more time to do this project we really would have liked to actually go to the restaurants and help them implement the changes. We would also have liked to positively affect more restaurants. However, since we can't, we hope these few restaurants are able to do it themselves and our website will be shared to many restaurant owners willing to make a change. We are also still waiting for AllergyEats to use some of our ideas, but we are still hopeful.